Re: Xemacs background color

On or about 2003-12-26 21:37, Tom Mitchell whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, Ray Curtis wrote:

"ms" == Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

   ms> In earlier releases of RHL, the background color of an Xemacs window was
   ms> light grey.  In FC1, the window background is white.  I'd like to reset
   ms> that color, but I can't figure out what xemacs option or X resource to set
   ms> to accomplish this.  Does anyone out there know?

   ms> Thanks.

All these features should be able to set from the menus, under
Options / Edit Faces / Default

or in .Xdefaults add:

xemacs*Background: blue

or in ~/.emacs/custom.el (custom-set-faces '(default ((t (:background "grey" :size "16pt" :family "Courier"))) t))

If grey/gray is not to your liking any color named in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt should be possible.

There is an interface for editing this stuff as well look under options-->customize emacs

Works great! On a related subject, do you know how to specify the size of the initial window? Mine opens with a window just about right in width, but about 50% taller than the screen, so the first thing I always have to do is re-size the top down about half-screen, then move the title bar back up so I can see the bottom edge of the window. Can't seem to find this in the info faq, maybe I don't know what to search for.

--
Fritz Whittington
TI Alum - http://www.tialumni.org