Re: send mail hangs on boot up

I think sendmail wants a FQDN.

I persume your Linux box has Ip-address 192.168.0.101?

Try adding your domain name to the line containing the linux machine or just add a dot...like this: (using home.com as domain name)

-----snip------

192.168.1.100   steve
192.168.1.101   linux.home.com    linux

------snip----------

OR

just add a dot to the line containing your linux host...like this:

192.168.1.100   steve
192.168.1.101   linux   .

good luck! /johan

Steven Rosen wrote:

Philippe Rigaux wrote:

It probably can't resolve the hostname, add an entry in your /etc/hosts
file.

Phil