Re: Better POP daemon?

At 09:26 12/24/2003, you wrote:
On Wednesday, Dec 24th 2003 at 09:21 -0600, quoth Steven Stern:

=>I'm popping mail from my FC1 server using the IPOP3 daemon that was already
=>there. Dang, but it is slow. It takes a long time to just to pick up one
=>short message, mainly due (I think) to process start time. It gets created
=>and stopped with each POP session. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better
=>POP3 daemon?
=>
=> -- Steve

Forgot: re your request for a "better POP3 daemon", you may want to look at dovecot, which is now included as an option with Fedora. I think it's fairly young, and so may or may not be up to the task, but the project home page says it has been written with security and speed in mind, and it's probably safe to try it (and you might like it).

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com