From: fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dave Jones
Sent: 24 December 2003 16:46
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fedora Core 1.0, kernel-2.6.0-0 & PS2 keyboard problem

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 10:36:49AM -0500, Cokey de Percin wrote:  > I'm
having problems using a ps2 keyboard with the just released 2.6  > kernel
and Core 1.0.  I downloaded, configured, compiled & installed the  >
released 2.6.0 kernel (kernel-source-2.6.0-0.1.14.i386.rpm) and  >
everything went smoothly until I tried to login from the 1st console (X  >
is turned off locally) and the keyboard didn't work.  Thinking I had  > done
something stupid when I rolled by own kernel, I pulled down a  > prebuilt
kernel (kernel-2.6.0-0.1.14.i686.rpm) and installed it.  No  > change.

any relevant msgs in dmesg output ?
As you're not averse to building your own kernels, you could try flipping
the debug switch on in drivers/input/serio/i8042.c (line 42, just
s/undef/define/) That should produce a slew of output as it detects the
keyboard/mouse and when you hit/release a key.  If it actually does spew
output, then this could be one of the corner cases the new input core
doesn't handle yet (keyboard handling was completely rewritten, and some
keyboards don't quite follow the specs it seems), in which case, the
maintainer of this code (vojtech@xxxxxxx) would probably like to hear about
it.

		Dave

--