RE: Fedora Installs and CHS

> All went fine. As I wanted to recover some of the data from
> the failed drive I put it back into the machine. In the
> process I moved various devices (hd, zip, cdrom, 2nd hd)
> around on the IDE channels. I had to modify /etc/fstab. All
> seemed to be working fine.

You may want to try putting the drive on the same cable as it previously was
(master or slave shouldn't matter).  I have had this problem with a drive
before a year or so back, and I was told it had something to do with the
controller chip for the primary IDE not being the same as the secondary IDE
(one was UDMA 33 and the other was 66... or somesuch on the particular
motherboard) and thus the drive geometry was getting differently detected.

Cheers,