Re: Another up2date error

Simon Bell wrote:
Try looking in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

Simon

I did, but the up2date default was commented out. Does it use sources even if the up2date file says something else? Sounds like overlapping config files.

Uncommented the up2date default and got a blue screen, and then a "Not Found". /var/log/up2date was not much more helpful, "up2date A protocol error occurred: Not Found , attempt #5,"

Should I guess that I'm using a down load directory instead of an update one? What, exactly, is the up2date/yum looking for?

ciao!

leam

-----Original Message----- From: fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of leam Sent: 23 December 2003 23:36 To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Another up2date error

leam wrote:

William Hooper wrote:

leam said:

Is there
a mirror list somewhere? Didn't see one on the Fedora site.

Download -> Mirrors

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

*bleagh* I need a nap before I start sending these e-mails......

Thanks!

leam

Hmmm.... putting a mirror in the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date file for both the noSSLserverUrl and serverUrl, and removing them from the disallowConfChanges line didn't seem to help, it still tries to go to Red Hat.

I used http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/ as the up2date target.

Am I doing something else wrong? Rather, *what* am I doing wrong?

ciao!

leam