Re: cisco ip softphone

fedora wrote:
I need to find out if theres a project that allows me to run Cisco IP Phone

Their software download only support Winblows and our company moved to Soft Phone (and these suck the big one).

So now I have to run windows to use the damn phone, worse if the screen saver is engaged with password protection you cannot answer the damn thing before loggin in.

And it crashes all the time on windows 2000 or suddenly disconnects and gets all goofy thus requiring a system REBOOT to use the stupid phone.

We hate this system but management doesnt care as they get actual 'hard phones'. Real phones tied into the ip phone system and not the crap us peons have to use.

So I am wondering if someone knows how to get their softphone code working in Fedora. Maybe i can at least get more stability.

Greg,

I wonder, can you run the cisco softphone software on linux under a windows emulation?

Secondly, if your Cisco softswitch/pbx is configured to support SIP, there are
several SIP softphone packages that run native under Linux. Ask your VoIP administrator if he supports SIP.

-- TT