Re: can't make IMAP work

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 19:18, Marius Andreiana wrote:

> Evolution still remains on Connecting - scanning imap folders, and when
> closed it says
> Error while 'Scanning folders in "IMAP server marte.biciclete.ro"':
> Success
> :)
>
> Do I have to do anything to setup imap folders? Google doesn't show
> anything for this server-side.

It's probably scanning your entire home directory for mail folders.  Try
putting your mail folders in a directory and overriding the
system-supplied namespace (which is done through Evolution's settings
panel (on the "Receiving Options" tab).  Also, make sure "Show only
subscribed folders" is checked.

My guess is that IMAP is working correctly, but Evolution is
misconfigured.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves@xxxxxx