Realplayer or Mediaplayer streams with mplayer or gxine or xmms

I've installed mplayer from Freshrpms, mozplugger, and gxine, and I am
still having trouble playing streams from Mozilla.  Some examples of
things I can't get are any of the streams at
http://publicbroadcast.net/wncw/ppr/index.shtml or any of the clips at
www.npr.org.  The m3u stream at the former site I can play directly in
xmms, but it won't start when I click the link in Mozilla.

Is there something that needs to be fixed in either of the config files to
make these work correctly?  Or should I be setting these up in
some other way?  Realplayer used to work (as a helper) with no
problems when I was running RH9 (except for the problems getting it
installed in the first place).

As an alternative, how well does the Helix player work?

TIA.
--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences