Re: problems running bash scripts...

John M. Pantone wrote:

I have had this same trouble too for quite some time - even back in RH9. I find it on a disk I mount with this in fstab:

192.168.1.21:/otshare /otshare nfs noauto,exec,user,rw 0 0

Mounts fine, but can't ./shellscript can only bash shellscript

Believe it or not, the problem here is that your filesystem is being mounted 'noexec'.

man mount says:
user ...This option implies the options noexec, nosuid, and nodev (unless overridden by subsequent options, as in the option line user,exec,dev,suid).

Place 'exec' _after_ 'user' and it will work. BTW - you will see in the mount man page that 'users' has the same effect, so the same order is necessary for that as well.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021