Re: [fedora] squirrel mail

If you're running everything on your local box, then your IMAP account credentials will be whatever linux user account's mail you want to access. Obviously you need to make sure that imapd is running, or Squirrelmail won't have anything to connect to.

You run the config/conf.pl script to configure your Squirrelmail installation. That sets stuff like what IMAP and SMTP servers to use, etc.

Once you've set that, _then_ you go to the squirrelmail webpage and put in the username/password.

-Pete

Don wrote:
I finally got my sendmail set up well enough for most uses (still needs
some tweaking)...

Anyway... now I go to http://myserver/webmail and the squirrellmail page
prompts me for a userid/password....

I have no idea what to enter... I tried my logon name/password but that
didn't work.

The squirrelmail doc says that's an imap thing and I should ask my mail
administrator... great *I* am the mail admin...

Next question.... what associates the name/password in IMAP with the
correct mail files?

Thanks for any doc you can point me to...

Don