Re: WaveBuddy wlan pcmcia wireless netwirk card and Fedora

Lorenzo Prince wrote:
Does anyone hav the WaveBuddy wlan wireless pcmcia card working on Fedora Core
1?

I have a Belkin F5D6020 v2 pcmcia card which also uses the Atmel chipset. Here are my notes (collected mostly from linuxquestions.org if I remember correctly) about how I got it to work on Fedora Core 1. Maybe this will work for your card as well:

- download driver release  atmelwlandriver.2.1.1.tar.bz2 from
  http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net -- do not use a later version,
  can't get those to work at all.

- untar driver: tar xvjf atmelwlandriver.2.1.1.tar.bz2

- cd atmelwlandriver

- Edit file scripts/setup.sh to change the line:
  PCMCIADES="/lib/modules/$LV/pcmcia"
  so it instead reads:
  PCMCIADES="/lib/modules/$LV/kernel/drivers/pcmcia"

- Configure the driver build process: make config

- Answer N to every question except:
  Build PCMCIA driver Y
  Build blah Rev D driver Y (some people suggest E instead but D works)

- Build the driver:
  make clean
  make all

  as root, using su -
  make install

- Add these lines to /etc/pcmcia/atmel.conf as per article on
  linux-wlan.com (you may be able to use "/sbin/cardctl ident" to
  get this information for your card)

  card "Belkin F5D6020u (aka. F5D6020 ver.2) WLAN PC Card"
  manfid 0x01bf, 0x3302
  bind "pcmf502rd"

- restart pcmcia ( /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart )

- Start redhat-config-network and should be ready to go.

Sometimes my laptop seems to hang at startup. If I eject the wireless card and re-insert it the boot process continues and the card works normally.

HTH,
	Omer