Re: Re: How to install a LOGITECH USB WEBCAM on FEDORA CORE1 ?

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:38:33 +0100, Ignacio de Miguel Diaz wrote
> Hi!
>
> With that driver, you have to recompile the kernel at least to
> support V4L, isn't it? I tried to compile the module using the
> kernel-source provided by last FC1 kernel rpm (could be 2129?) and
> It failed saying that I had to have v4L support on kernel :(
>
> I'm going to try 2.6.0, It's better for me use the kernel.org bzip2
> or the rpm FC1 version? I'll have to recompile it for my webcam
> module needs?
>
> Best Regards
> Ignacio

[snip]
> > hutuworm
[snip]

I didn't bother too much about V4L, as I think the kernel is already has that
ability for it. I use the 2132 kernel. And I'm just using it for video
conferencing. (I'm using the Gnome Video Conferencing utility, and it works
great in that). I'm not going to the 2.6 kernel yet until all the appropriate
utilities and scripts are ready for it.

Wolf
---