Re: 2.6 final available, any takers?

Michael Kearey wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:
<snip>

I had to remove ide-scsi from the grub entry for 2.6.

With that entry in, I lost my burner from being recognized.

I have to run redhat-config-sound to get my soundcard to work. The module is not added to modprobe.conf file.

It seems to work other than the modules for sound loaded automatically at startup.

IIRC scsi layer is no longer needed for CD writers, as ATAPI is now there. You may want to check that out for your CD writer.

Chees,
Michael

I tried out the burn:/// feature and selected files. Then I burned them to CD. This worked while running the 2.6 kernel.

I didn't have to login as root to burn and the devices were referred to as they are. Before they appeared as scd devices, even without ide-scsi loaded in the 2.4 kernel.

Thanks for the suggestion. Burn never worked for me before.

Jim

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     8 Oct 14 18:25 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     8 Dec 16 23:53 /dev/cdrom1 -> /dev/hdd

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     8 Dec 14 20:32 /dev/cdwriter -> /dev/sg1