Re: Suggestions on One-Time Mailing

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 11:01, David C. Hart wrote:
> I know that this is a bit OT but this group has some very experienced
> *nix users.
>
> I have to do a one-time mailing for a client (NOT spam). I have a text
> file of 400 email addresses. Any suggestions on a simple way to do this?

Perl is probably the easiest for something like this, but then again if
you were a perl programmer you would have already thought of that. It'd
be as easy slurping the text file into an array and running a foreach
loop on the array, sending them off to the Mail::Sendmail module. Would
take less than 20 lines of code to do it.

If you are willing to spend a nominal amount of time learning some very
basic perl you could have this done in an hour or two. If you already
know perl you could have it done in 5 minutes. :)

d. Taylor Singletary