Re: Is something wrong with the fedora list?

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, T. Ribbrock wrote:
> And if you want to be a bit less unforgiving:
>
> # Nuke dupes
> :0 Wf: msgid.lock
> |formail -I Status: -D 8192 msgid.cache -s
>
> takes care of all duplicates quite nicely - see 'man procmailex'

Troubles with mail servers like this will not go away. So....

A general question to the list owner.

Is is possible to add a "Nuke dupes" filter to the input side of
the list server itself?

If this was possible the outgoing send side of the list server
would not suffer from explosions like this as I expect it did.
By my count only 505 messages were sent in and if there were only
200 of us then 101000 would have gone out.  A todo would be some
way to notice the bad input and get it fixed.....

Anyhow since RH hosts a long list of lists (some with thousands
of addresses) this notion could save RH bandwidth for fun things.

Regards,
TomM

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l