Re: Slow pdf print

Giuseppe Cavallo wrote:
Hi all,
When I print a PDF file the print start after 2.20 seconds, the size of file that I must print is 372.554 byte. I think that the cups (I use cups on epson C42 driver Foomatic gimp-print) make a file convertion in ps format, as a metter, in print manager in the col size is about 42000 Kbyte.

What do I solve the problem?

Unfortunately, I've noticed this on other printers, such as an HP LaserJet 1200 using PostScript emulation.

Sorry for the me2 post, but wanted to make it clear that it wasn't just the Epson driver.

-Rick

--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)