Re: is this the proper prelink update?

William Hooper wrote:

Elton Woo said:

Prelink-0.3.0-16.sel.i386 is the name of the file which I downloaded
from one of th Fedora sites, but I'm not sure this the correct one
that I want.

If I had to make a WAG, I would guess that it is a prelink with SELinux (one of the goals for FC 2 according to http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/). I'm going to guess it came out of Development (aka Rawhide) even though the current version is prelink-0.3.0-17.i386.rpm. You can check the changelog and see if it has

My current version is 0.3.0-13. I don't understand how/ why up2date hasn't given
me indication of the "current" version which you mention. One of the Red Hatters
mentioned in a previous message / thread, that a newer prelink would be available
on rawhide, and would have the blacklist option. (H+BDEV's Antivir refuses to
run, once touched by prelink, hence my need for that option.

That said, Rawhide is generally something you want to stay away from

Oh, no problem there ... I *am* aware of what rawhide entails, and have (in
the past done upgrades from there, whilst accepting the inherent risks. Could
you kindly point me to where is version 0.3.0-17 ? It's most likely the update
I need. I'm not too interested in rawhide packages for now...

Thanks,

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.