Re: dvdrecord problems - pioneer dvr-105bk, lg gsa-4040b w/dvd-rw disc

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 11:46, mbest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm not that familiar with DVD burning, but here is what I tried to make
> myself a dvd using a Verbatim dvd-rw disc with both the pioneer and lg
Are you doing this from the command-line or with a CD burning app?

For my money, I'd recommend K3b. Recently my neighbour bought a
PLEXTOR DVD-WRITER, and installed in my machine. For a couple of
weeks. I burnt, and re-wrote (MAXELL) DVD-RW disks without any
hassle.

When he finally took back the drive, he had to do a firmware
upgrade, and some fiddling around with DMA settings, bla, bla
on his Windows machine.

NOTE:I run ONLY linux here. We simply hooked up the Plextor,
and I had the fun of using this drive for a blissful few weeks,
no tweaking, nothing. (Though I *should*have enabled DMA).
Nevertheless the drive is very FAST under Fedora.

K3b is easy enough that even a Windows user can simply click to
create DVD data, music, or video disks.

HTH,

Elton ;-)