Re: Problems exporting PATH after modified.

<snip>

What I do is I modify the PATH variable, and then export it. After this when I call "echo $PATH" the output displays the new modified string. BUT as soon as I log-out and log-in again the new modified PATH is gone and replaced by the original.

Please HeLp. I have consulted a number of books and nowhere have I found anything

<snip>

You are not saving the new variable value i.e after logout and login you
get the old value.
save your new value to path in your ~/.bash_profile

PATH=$PATH:new value
export PATH

HTH.