Re: MySQL 4.0

I did it with a RH9, not sure with a Fedora, but you should try:

Get the .src.rpm in the mysql website, then
# run rpmbuild --rebuild <package>.src.rpm

You must have rpm-build installed (and all it's requirements and requirements of the source package.

And after the build process, the rpm's will be in:
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/

With the RedHat 9 when I try to install the MySQL-client package, it shows a error message telling that it requieres perl(this) (or something like this). I've installed with --nodeps parameter, and it's still working fine. =)

After all, tell us if you had this problem too, ok?

Good luck.

[]'s
	Mauro

Wilmar Perez wrote:

Hello everybody

I've got a machine running Fedora Core 1 where mysql-3.23.58-4 is installed. I need to upgrade it to MySQL 4.0. Since there isn't a RPM just yet to make the installation process smooth and painless, I plan to install it from the source code. I really would appreciate if you could just give me some advice about the correct process I should follow.

Thank you very much for your help.