Re: Fedora disk label

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 17:09, A.J. Werkman wrote:
> Since fedora is not brought out in a box, its CD's that we burn don't have
> a real face anymore.
>
> Wouldn't it be a good idea if e.g. a pdf-file would be included in the
> distro, that contains CDlabels that we could print in order to put them on
> the self burned distro CD's??

See the small discussion of this over on Fedora-desktop, starting
November 27, which would appear to be a better place for discussions of
Fedora Graphics.

Garrett  LeSage suggested using the splash screen graphics as a basis
for the disk label for each release, which has worked quite well for me.

For FD1 that's a "Fedora Core One" text logo on a dark Greyblue
background.

I've a Glabels file that prints a set of three CD labels that I could
probably put up somewhere if it would be useful.

I was hoping that RH would add "official" CD case and disk label
graphics, with correct usage of the Fedora trademarks, and whatever
Red Hat's preferred disclaimatory text regarding liability
for the contents. Hasn't happened yet.

Harry Moyes