Re: kernel-alsa?

Emmanuel Seyman wrote :

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 09:30:43AM -0500, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I know about the alsa packages at freshrpms.  Problem is, there
> > are now partial packages for alsa at download.fedora.us, which would
> > conflict.  I don't want to install freshrpms version if fedora is
> > coming out with their own conflicting one, but I think the fedora one
> > isn't complete, because I don't see the "driver" or "kernel" package.
>
> FC2 will come with kernel 2.6, which ships with ALSA as the sound system,
> which means that Matthias won't have to maintain ALSA for much longer.
>
> I suppose the drivers are in the 2.6 kernel that's in the same directory
> as the alsa tools.

You're absolutely right concerning FC2, alsa and 2.6. But there seems to be
(again) some confusion with fedora.us, which is apparently rolling out alsa
packages for FC1/2.4 from what I've read here and there on various lists
(IIRC Michael Schwendt advertised the pending QA quite a bit).

I'm not quite sure what the original post was referring to.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2132.nptl
Load : 0.95 1.13 1.17