Re: NVIDIA GeForce FX5200

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:54:33 -0500, jim tate wrote
> Can someone send me a copy of a WORKING XF86Config file for the
> Nvidia Geforce FX5200 (Only for the FX5200) On a Dell Inspiron8600
> and Fedora core1 I'm having a nightmare of getting the FX5200 card
> to work. I downloaded the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run and it
> installed with no problems. But I can't get the nividia_drv.o or the
> nv_drv.o to work.
>
> Thanks
> Jim Tate
[snip]

What are the error messages that you are getting??

I'm running a GF FX5900 Ultra without a problem. I'm not near my system at the
moment, but the card section extract listed below, is very similar to what I
use on the GFFX.

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VendorName  "MSI"
    BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440"
    Option         "IgnoreDisplayDevices"     "DFP, TV"
    Option         "NvAGP"               "1"
    Option         "RenderAccel"          "1"
    Option         "DigitalVibrance"          "64"
    Option         "CursorShadow"          "1"
EndSection

Make sure that in the Module section the the 'Load DRI' is removed. And remove
the DRI stuff at the end of the file as well.

Also does your notebook use the Nvidia chipset?? If so, you will also need
that driver from the Nvidia site as well.

You can also checkout the Nvidia Linux Forum:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

Which should be able to help you as well.

Wolf