redhat-config-network permissions problem?

So I just tried to fire up redhat-config-network from the Gnome menu
(System Tools -> Network Device Control) and it barfed at me that it
doesn't have permission to copy various config files to what I think are
temp equivalents (/etc/hosts to
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/hosts, for instance).

Then it finally tells me to "Please start redhat-config-network with
root permissions once!"

It looks like it's not giving me the typical root password check dialog
that I would expect it to if I'm going to try to reconfig various net
config files.

If I run it from the shell as root, it works great.

Is this a redhat-config-network bug or a permissions problem somewhere
else?

This is all on stock FC1 with just official Fedora updates applied
through up2date, no "off brand" repositories used.

-- Dave

--
Dave Roberts <ldave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>