openoffice fonts unreadable

When I open oowriter for the first time after a fresh install of FC, I
noticed that the screen font is too large. That is, the letters run
into each other making the text unreadable. The problem is with the
text I write, the text on the menus is fine.

The same thing happens for any font I choose under Format->Character.

I checked System Settings->Display and they are correct (1024x768
resolution with a 17" monitor).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jose