Re: Any one running Frdora on a Acer TravelMate 508DX or close relation

On ds, 2003-12-13 at 19:08, Roger Beever wrote:
> If so were there any problems getting it running.
> Also interested if there were any dual boot problems if you went that route.
> Regards Roger

I have it running on an Acer Aspire 1406LC with no problems. Before I
had problems with screen config and video drivers using RH9, Suse or
Mandrake. With Fedora it runs great. Finaly I can have Linux on my
Laptop.

What I did to try: Made a Windows boot disk, printed the hardware
configuraction, resized the NTFS partition and Installed Fedora. After
testing It works great, I deleted all disk and installed only Fedora.
The modem In this laptop is not a problem because it comes with a
Smartlink Modem and the manufacturer provides Linux Drivers (Nice to see
linux suport for that).

Regards,
Jordi Canals