Re: Kernel panics

Does this command go to the web? I don't have web access from my Fedora box.
I do from my Windows2000 box so I suspect al I need to do is download a file.
Should I just download kernel related files only? What does the '-fu' option mean?

Chris

Dave Jones wrote:

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 04:47:44AM -0800, Chris Sparks wrote:
> Hello again,
> > I have been experiencing a rash of kernel panics from FC1 and I was > wondering if I should upgrade from the update directory
> on a Fedora server to stop this. I have not done this yet because I > don't know what is stable and what is not.

just running 'up2date -fu' will grab the latest stable kernel
providing you haven't edited your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

If the panics still appear with the current errata kernel
(currently 2129), please file a report in bugzilla.

		Dave