Re: up2date updates exist, but icon is still blue check

  When you left-click on the applet icons, do the applet indicate a
communication failure when trying to contact the sources ?

Daniel

No -- when I activate the blue checkby left clicking, it functions as expected: Redhat Network Alert Notification Tool comes up, with the option for me to click Lauch Up2date or Close.

I click on Launch Up2date and my pw is requested. After giving my pw, the yum channel displayed, and after some churning, the skipped kernel* packages displays. When I then go ahead to the next screen, the available updated packages displays (when there are som).

So the only behavioral difference is that the blue check does not turn red on its own. It either has to be manually right-clicked and select "check for updates" (and if updates exist, it then turns red) or the blue check is activated with a left-click and up2date begins its work.

Clint

--
Clint <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>