Re: fstab & scsi cdwriter

Jim Woodward wrote:

I edit my fstab file and create a folder in the /mnt folder to mount the scsi cdwriter I installed.
All works well, until I reboot and then the folder I created has been deleted and the fstab no longer has the line declaring the scsi cdwriter.
Could somebode explain why this is happening and maybe show me how to keep these changes?
I am running kernel 2.6.0 test11.
Thanks

Kudzu might be part of the problem. If kudzu is in the parameter, try removing the parameter to the line. If it is not installed, add it to the parameters.

/dev/cdrom     /mnt/cdrom     udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

If this does not work. Add these entries to one of the rc.local scripts.

I added this to my /etc/fstab file.
/dev/sda1               /tos1                   vfat    noauto,owner,rw 0 0

and this to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.
mount /dev/sda1

This is a USB drive that I sometmes have plugged in. It mounts great when hooked up. When it is not hooked up, there is a error message about /dev/sda1 not detected, but no system loss.

Jim