Re: raid controller recommendation

ICP Vortex cards. They are expensive for sure. But if you only knew the part of the force ;-)

Seriously though... those cards rock. I did some testing years ago with RAID 5 and Ultra-160 drives (about a terabyte configuration). We had a couple partitions and were able to get around 44 megs per sec writes. It was unreal.

Intel has bought them since I used the cards. I understand they are still available and comes with linux drivers :D