Re: failed to edit subject line [was: fedora-list digest, Vol 1 #500 - 30 msgs]

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 14:05, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry for any inconvenience.
> > >
> > > (I'm still looking for a mail client that can reply to one message in a
> > > digest for me, but there are several other constraints, and I really can
> > > only try about one new client every few days)
> >
> > Pine and several other mailers can provide access to individual messages
> > in a digest if you request it it MIME format.  Pine is no longer part of
> > the distribution, but you can search the archives to find a version
> > packaged by somebody at Red Hat.
>
> Thanks. I was hoping for a GUI, which I think leaves pine out. Right?

Right.

> > I'm currently using it on my Solaris and RH9 machines, but was trying to
> > decide what to switch to (if anything).  Recommendations?
>
> I've tried balsa, mozilla, evolution, and kmail in the last week to see
> if I could find a graphical MUA that handles the digest well. I also
> have thunderbird installed, but it did not handle gtk2 all that well - I
> could live with that if it did what I needed, maybe I'll take another
> look. So far, no joy, however.

When you tried the digest, did you try getting it in MIME format?  I'm
pretty sure some of those clients will do the right thing with MIME
digests, namely give you access to the individual messages as separate
attachments.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences