Re: LDAPS authentication

Reinstalling is way out of question.. It is our main server on the lab (we are the lab in the computer science department of my university that is responsible for the administration of the network of the whole department)... we have RT (request tracker) , sendmail , imap , spamassassin , ldap , nfs (for home and export directories) , samba... it would take a whole week to reconfigure everything and we cant have such downtime...

Pedro Macedo

Message: 13
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:10:21 +0100
From: Herbert Gasiorowski <gasi3@xxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LDAPS authentication

Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:

I'm trying to do LDAPS authentication on fedora. The server is running redhat 9 and running openldap. All the current clients (suse) can authenticate using LDAPS but I'm unable to configure fedora to use TLS , only plain LDAP...  (the redhat 9 clients could authenticate using LDAPS, but I've upgraded them to fedora..). The certificate we're using is self-signed btw.

I had quite a lot of problems with the older versions of openldap
even on redhat 9. I tried GSSAPI and other authentifikations
- maybe TLS had worked.
With fedora there are no more Problems here with TLS.

Maybe you try a server setup on fedora?

-- mfg Herbert Gasiorowski http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~gasi/