Re: Oracle 9i and Fedora (again)

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 14:55, Joe Frohne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is one of the best resources I have found on installing Oracle
> on RedHat.  Follow the instructions for installing under Enterprise
> Linux Advanced Server 3 and that covers most/all of the problems
> also found under Fedora.
>
> http://www.puschitz.com/

I am also in a position where I am trying to install Oracle 9iR2 on FC1,
and the above site was very helpful.  However, I am curious to know if
the steps for patching the Oracle installation are required.  Right now,
I am only using an evaluation version of Oracle to try out Compiere, so
I do not think I have a way to get the patches from metalink.  If the
patch steps are required, I guess I need to figure out how to proceed.

 -Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling                     | Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick@xxxxxxx                         | 2274 Howe Hall Room 2624