Re: raid install problem

> grub

> root (hd1,0)
> find /boot/grub/stage1
> setup (hd1)

> this should install it onto hdc1 if i'm correct.  the 1,0 is just
> the drive/partition order.  Also make sure hdc1 is bootable, and you
> should have an exact, interchangable mirror.

I may have misunderstood how to set this up from the start (first attempt)

when I do "grub" It says "probing devices for bios, etc.." then I get a grub
prompt. (No problem here)
root (hd1,0) gives me "Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0xfd"
find /boot/grub/stage1 gives me "Error15: File not found."

Do I need to back the wagon up and start over? I followed a redhat 9 doc for
setting up the software raid. Two things I was not sure about. First I made
each drive one large raid partition, should I have done this differently?
Second, I mounted it at /. Not sure if that was right either. Bottom line, I
want a software, raid level 1 setup, so I could lose either drive and still
be able to boot to the good drive.

Any ideas?