Re: up2date updates exits, but icon is still blue check

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 03:50, Clint wrote:
> Updates via up2date are available and installable via the up2date icon.
> It stays as a blue check though, and does not seem to be changing to the
> red exclamation point, even though updates are available.
>
> Here is the relevant section of /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file,
> including the original lines I commented out:
>
> [...]
> ### Clint added the comments to the next TWO lines to try to get up2date
> to work
> #yum fedora-core-1 http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1
> #yum updates-released
> http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1
> #yum updates-testing http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-1
>
> ### Clint added the next THREE lines to try to get up2date to work
> yum fedora-core-1
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/
> yum updates-released
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/
> #yum updates-testing
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/1/i386/
> [...]
>
> How can I get the up2date blue check to change to red when updates
> really are available? I *thought* this feature was working a couple of
> weeks ago, but haven't noticed it changing since.
>
> I click on the blue check once each morning, so it is getting clicked on
> once every 24 hours.

	I have been having the same problem, I think.  The icon stays with the
blue check, and never informs you that packages are available.  When you
click on the icon you can see the packages and download them etc.  I
just rebooted as I knew there were updates available this morning. when
the system came up the Icon did it's initial check-in then it said it
was checking in with Red Hat.. then the icon became the long-missing red
exclamation!

Somewhere I read that the Icon was supposed to be checking for updates
every 4 hours.  I'm sure I saw that somewhere, but it's not in the
graphic setup 'up2date-config'.  Apparently it is either not checking
except at start-up, or whatever it does check doesn't have the info.

I have all the usual repos in my rhn/sources file as:
#up2date default
yum fedora-core-1 http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-1
yum updates-released
http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1
#yum updates-testing
http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-1
yum livna-stable-fc1 http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/1/i386/yum/stable

Could it be that the line default should not be commented out?
the comment line above it says that that one would make it use the
default URL in the up2date config file, but if it works on boot-up, I
can't see that that is a problem. Just cheked, the only URL in the file
is called a noSSLURL.
Anybody got a real good handle on this?

Scott