Re: Compiling the 2.6.0-test11 kernel

> Hi,
>
> Have you compiled USB support as modules, or inline ?
>
> Gareth.
>
> On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 18:58, Jason Huff wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to compile the 2.6.0 test kernel for a while now
> > and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  It compiles and installs
> > without any errors and the modules install into the
> > /lib/modules/2.6.0-test11 directory.  I restart my computer and when
> > it gets to starting the usb interface it fails and keeps starting up,
> > but because my computer uses usb keyboard and mouse interfaces I can't
> > do anything except a hard reboot and start the old kernel.

I have compiled usb into the kernel. I run 2.6.0test11 as well, and my
usb works pretty well. Now, this may be because my usb is compiled into
the kernel. Try that, I didn't do the device changes in the init scripts
as I've seen posted, so the mousedev and keybdev fails all the time, but
this is really a  matter of inconvenience.  The devices both work either
way.

Even if you compiled it as modules, the usb should load automatically.
At least I would think. Maybe you should check kerneltrap, they explain
some stuff about usb that you might need to do (assuming you compiled
usb as a modules in total). If that makes sense, give kernel trap a
shot.

HTH

Alex