Re: KDE 3.2b2... any troubles?

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2003 18:56 schrieb Rob Park:
> Ok, I went into the directory with all of my RPMs, and did a 'rpm -Uvh
> *.rpm', and it worked flawlessly. No errors, then I logged out and
> logged back in to KDE, and it was there. Of course, it had it's own set
> of bugs, but the installation itself was a complete success.

Not here. Two problems, the second one is serious - please help!
I used all the RPM from the KDE website on Fedora 1 (should be standard
installation). Two problems:

1. Failed dependencies:
Fehler: Failed dependencies:
        kdeaddons = %{epoch}:3.1.94-0.2 is needed by
kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner-3.1.94-0.2

I just left out kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner and the rest installed without
problems. I still can't install atlantikdesigner, but I can't see how to
solve this, because kdeaddons is among the packages and should be consistent
with kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner.

2. when starting konqueror and trying to open a web page I get the message
"Please configure vim in the control center" (might be different wording in
English, my message was in German), and the web page is blank.

In the control center, under "KDE parts/vim part", there is a tab to set the
vim executable.
I have a working gvim from the standard distribution, but when I put
"/usr/X11R6/bin/gvim" into the field and click on "test", I get the error that
my vim has no graphics capabilities and that I should install kvim or gvim.
Well, gvim is installed and working, and I couldn't find where to get an rpm
for kvim.

Any ideas?

I have the following vim RPMS:
vim-minimal-6.2.121-1