Re: Question about use of multiple USB Mass Storage devices

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:26:50 -0800
Rick Stevens <rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> devlabel creates a symbolic link between the physical device and a
> mnemonic name (sort of like the way "/dev/cdrom" points at "/dev/hdb"
> or whatever).  It also reads the UUID from the device if it has one (it
> creates one otherwise) and puts an entry in the /etc/sysconfig/devlabel
> file that it can use later to recreate the symbolic link if the device
> name changes (such as would happen if the USB bus changes).
<snip>

First, it helps if you have devlabel installed.  I never even heard of this
program before!

This is a great tip!  I've seen this question asked before and this is the
first time I seen a workable solution for linking a USB device to a
particular mountpoint.

--
Vegetables are what food eats.
Fruit are vegetables that fool you by tasting good.