Boot disk creation - too large for floppy

Just installed FC for the first time a few days ago. Tried to make a boot disk at installation time, received error about too much data for a single floppy. I'm using an SMP kernel on this box, maybe if I tried using the non-SMP kernel it would work..although it's not much smaller (smp is 1.3 MB, non-smp 1.2 MB). Anyone know how to work around this. I've never had this issue in any other RH distro. Maybe I could make an ISO for CD boot instead, but I'd like to get the floppy option to work as I'm building a system that cannot boot from CD (it's an older box and we have limited resources). Any ideas appreciate on or off-list.

----- Curt Wilson SIUC PSO LAN Administrator 618-453-1344 GSEC, GCFW