Re: [Fwd: AMD64 Preview Release Updates]

Hi,

I have an ASUS SK8N and can happily run i386 Fedora, and indeed I've compiled up
the 2.6-test11 kernel in "Operton" mode and even manage to run off SATA disks - no problem.

However, I can't seem to boot off any of the x86_64 kernels or the boot.iso image supplied at
duke.edu .. it gets as far as /sbin/loader and has a complete panic attack ..

Are there any instructions out there re; compiling up an x86_64 kernel on an i386 machine ?
(I suspect trial and error might work as I seem to be able to build working kernels in i386 mode)

??

tia
Gareth.