RE: Running Solaris apps on Linux

I forgot to include the display.

Make it X :1 -depth 8

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Marco Aurelio Torino Ribeiro
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 6:22 PM
To: Fedora-List
Subject: RE: Running Solaris apps on Linux

I tried:

setenv DISPLAY :1
X -depth 8

And then, I got the following message:

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
        and start again.

What did (or didn't) I do wrong?

Thanks,
Marco.

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 21:42, Kevin Krieser wrote:
You probably need to change your X configuration to use a screen depth of 8
bit color, where pseudo-colors is used.

For an individual application, you can startup a new X screen if needed.  I
did the following:
export DISPLAY=:1
X -- -depth 8
startkde

then I could change to virtual terminal 8.