Re: Repost: Hardware Compatibility List

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Exile In Paradise wrote:

> Under that scale, ATI would probably be green (I don't know), and NVidia
> would be YELLOW. NV is openly/freely (your definition) available, so the
> hardware IS compatible without the licensing issue so dear to so many.

IMHO, ATI would be YELLOW as well, as their newer IGP cards (well, the
IGP320/340) doesn't yet have 3D support. On the other hand, 2D support for
the card just plain rocks :)

There's no "blame" to be made for the lack of 3D support there, except
that 3d support in X cant exist without DRI support in the kernel, and
that (AFAIK) is still very experimental.

-dan