Re: Konqueror &Java applets

If you have installed the Java Runtime Environment, then try configuring Konqueror this way:

Settings > Configure Konqueror > Java & JavaScript >

and then look for the box labeled "Path to Java executable or 'Java'"

In this box, try typing the path to your Java Runtime Environment executable, which *may* be

/usr/lib/jre/

That's what worked for me. The path may very well be different if you installed the Developer's Kit, or some alternate path, but that path is working for me to let Java applets work in Konqueror.

If it doesn't work, and you *did* install the JRE, type

locate jre

at a command prompt, noting the path among all the many files that will probably display.

Hope this helps,
Clint

trufflesdad wrote:
I have java working working ok in Mozilla including applets but
whilst java is ok in Konq the applets do not work...I have entered the path where the java file resides but as yet no joy.....Any advice welcome..

-- Clint <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>