Re: Linux on an Apple

Cool,

Thanks guys, never even heard of Yellow Dog before you guys brought
it up.  I just want to try this out.  I love the way this apple looks(so sleek
and shiny:P) I think the pc world needs to take a hint from apple, not
saying all PC's are ugly, but most are, and apple has just figured out
how to make it look cool, at least their laptops and the new G5's.
And with linux on it, it would ROCK!

Dave
--- Dave Bachechi <spongers@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I know this sounds crazy but,
>
> Dont know if anyone has tried this, but I got a hold
> of a 15" powerbook
> and wanna take off the OSX(never cared for it much)
> and slap linux on
> there.  Is this even possible on a mac?  Do the let
> you boot up a floppy
> or cdrom so I can format the drive?
>
> Just and idea!
>
> Dave

Dave,

 You will need a linux distro compiled for the Power
PC chip - not available in Fedora. Mandrake has
offered a PPC distro for a year or two.

Mike Smith