Re: FC1 upgrade from Red Hat 7.1

Robert Arnold wrote:
Hi everyone,

   I have a RH 7.1 system that I'd like to upgrade to FC1. Has anyone
tried this and what, if any, are the "gotchas" involved in doing this?
The current system is pretty much out of the box RH with a few services
added like IRC and some web scripts using PHP and Perl.

Bob Arnold

I cannot tell. However, I successfully upgrade a RHL 6.2 machine to RHL 9. I only had to upgrade the RPMs packages first on the RHL 6.2 machine and then insert the RHL 9 CDs. Worked A1.

Chances are, it will probably work with your system. Just be sure to make a backup (if you do not have done this already, buy a new HD and dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdb to create your backup).

Best regards, Hans Deragon -- Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant Deragon Informatique inc. Open source: http://www.deragon.biz http://swtmvcwrapper.sourceforge.net mailto://hans@xxxxxxxxxxx http://autopoweroff.sourceforge.net