Re: Well......I did it! [now kid's games]

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:28:52 -0800
John McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sinister Midget wrote:
> > On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:22:47 -0500
> > James Drabb <JDrabb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >>On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 21:03, Sinister Midget wrote:
> >>Though in 2-3 years time, I do hope some more games/activity
> >software>becomes available for Linux for her to use.
> >
> > Yeah. Games are the only reason we have anything from MICROS~1 in
> > the place. I'm considering joining up and using WineX because it can
> > handle a number of the kids' Windoze games, particularly the Reader
> > Rabbit and a few others that I know they say work well.
> >

> If you have 3d accel, let the kids check out tux racer in the fedora
> games menu. kids love it (me too).

He loves it. He has it on Winders and likes playing it,too. But mom
thinks he should be /learning/ things more than he should be playing.

I don't have any shortage of games that he likes. I have a shortage of
games that mom likes for him to play. If he had his way he'd stay in
linux and play all of the defender clones, bugsquish, tuxracer, tuxkart
and all of the others. Mom wants him to learn things, like reading and
math.

*sigh* I suppose that's what moms are for: to make sure you can read the
setup and help screens on new games, and to figure out scoring.

I just hope finding something like WineX and making it work will have
him running the WinDoze games or else mommy will slit my throat. She's
already talking about buying him a Mac next Christmas since she's not
satisfied with the games situation on linux and she's disgusted with the
crashing problems he has on Win*DOH*s.

--
Windows: So easy to admin, even a worm can do it.