Re: Spanish Comunity

El sáb, 06-12-2003 a las 23:58, Xose Vazquez Perez escribió:
> Hernan Fernandez wrote:
>
> > I like know the method of comunication with spanish users of fedora. If
> > such does not exist that it is possible to be done?
>
> well, here there are some spanish speakers.  But this is mainly a
> 'only english' mailing list. There is  also a german ml, so I hope that
> in a *near* future can be created ml in others languages.

I just started a mailing list on YahooGroups yesterday
('iniciarse_en_linux'), but its first task is help some Windows users to
migrate to Linux (using Fedora Core 1, of course...:-). None of us are
programmers neither linux gurus, but I'm a Red Hat user since 2001 with
RHL 6.1...and to that days I haven't find a better way to refund my
grateful to all these people who put Linux as it is now..a powerful
desktop OS.

Are there a better way for that, helping full-newbies (read Windows
blind ones) to start?

The list is a spanish one, we write spanish, but its (Linux)level is
very, very low, as it is formed by a half dozen windows (no idea on
linux) users and a linux user with some experience, not many at all. Do
not expect gurus as far you could be one!

Regardless one user who its Fedora box is running and I'm instructing
him about netfilters, updatings using up2date/yum, and basic desktop
skills, the rest are now downloading ISO's and finding old harddisk to
prepare partitions....if you like start for the very, very prime
start.....:-), you'll be welcomed. And, if you are a linux guru, always
welcomed!
--
Saludos,

Aurelio Sánchez
fae7901 circling terra Spain
fae7901 circling yahoo Spain

Registered Linux User # 272846
GNU Privacy Guard Public Key available at pgp.rediris.es

Created by Ximian Evolution 1.4.5 running on Fedora Core 1