Subversion SSL

Hi all,

I set up subversion on fedora today and noticed a template in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf I modified it to meet my architecture
like so:
<Location /svn>
   DAV svn
   SVNParentPath /var/lib/svnroot

<LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
      # Require SSL connection for password protection.
      SSLRequireSSL
      AuthType Basic
      AuthName "Subversion Authorization Realm"
      AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/subversion-passwd
      Require valid-user
 </LimitExcept>
</Location>

The problem I am encountering is that the SSLRequireSSL tag seems to not
respect the LimitExcept tag -- so GET, PROPFIND, OPTIONS, REPORTS need
to come through an SSL link.

Is this expected behaviour?  Is there some way to work around this?  (So
write operations require SSL but read operations can come in over plain
HTTP?)

Thanks,
Toshio
--