Re: [SECURITY] Updated Fedora Core 1 kernel packages.

Hi Bill,

 Thanks for your explanation.

> The patch has not been available since 2.4.18. What happens is:
>
> - the kernel source is kept in CVS
> - there's a patch called linux-2.4.18-smallpatches.patch that was
>   added when we were going to a 2.4.18 kernel (7.3-ish); it contains
>   lots of random small patches and changes.
> - the fix for this bug was added to that patch

 That is a bit confusing. With such a naming scheme it is obvious people
might actually miss the fact that a patch for a recent vulnerability has
been applied. Wouldn't it have been better just to release the patch
separately, or in a compilation of small patches, ie as linux-2.4.22-
smallpatches.patch?

 As a side note, are there any developments towards a spec and patch
repository yet?

Bye,
Leonard.